Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New Home Project!

So, we bought a house! A 166-ish year old one to boot, built in 1845. I'll do the math later, ahem... Why you say? The house has a lot of potential, the schools are good for the kids, it was cheap. The place will require a lot of work, but is not too incredibly bad for the age to tell you the truth.

Alright, enough cheap talk! Here are the facts. The house is 2800sqft, 1.5 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms (the  listing stated 9, but not really so), full basement, attic which some of the bedrooms are located. Not much land. 

Pictures will come as we go! How it is now, and how it will be as we go. It'll be messy!

Now, if you take a look at this website about the Batcheller Mansion, which is here in Saratoga, I am throwing around the idea of using these paint colors for the outside.




Here is the front. Looks kind of like a farmhouse, but not really.

The addition that was added many, many...many years ago.


The side, look another door! There are three. Not sure why. There were 4, but if you look at the addition in the second pic, the odd looking window...looks like it used to be a door?, D'oh!




Lastly, for now, are some random pictures of the inside. I have more, but the owner had stuff all over the place and showing it will be no good. The pics are all over the place until I figure out how to do it all neatly!!
Looks like a door to me!
Top of the staircase
Stairs
One of the rooms in the attic

Look another door, looking THROUGH a door!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very cool! & now I'm going to follow a blogger that I, personally, know! Also very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cool! I'm happy that I get to see all of the progress! Congrats to you all! I know you'll all do a great job and I hope there are very few headaches! (I only say that because I would be having a headache, which is why I'm glad to live through you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome Mel!! Following you! It's going to be fun keeping up with the transformations! :D Wish I lived closer to ya, I Love Projects!!

    ReplyDelete